Zigging and Zagging

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My belief is that if you are pursuing photography as a career because you want to become insanely rich & famous with it, then you've most likely made a mistake. Most people who have had great success in this field have done it by continually pursuing their passion, their next fabulous photo, working doggedly to perfect skills and knowing full well that the journey is filled with obstacles. The financial  returns can be few and far between.



It's also filled the most memorable of occasions. Those Ah-Ha! moments where vision, passion and learning collide to produce images that excite the bejeebee's out of you and validate your investment. As in any profession, you do the best you can, make judgements that don't always pan out, land on your feet, land on your ass! but always hope for the best. I'll continue to zig and zag my way along. My goal has never been about the pot of gold. It's about loving the labor.

4 comments:

2Hphotography said...

Gorgeous photo: B&W is perfect.

I do find it too heavy on the bottom with the small shoreline in the image yet so much sky. Perhaps it's the horizon in the centre. What does it look like if you crop out most of the sky, moving the horizon to the top 1/3 line? Should still have enough for the tree.

I'd love to see this printed large on a silver metallic piece of paper. Gorgeous. A photo to be proud of.

Sandra Finner said...

Thanks for the comment! It would also work well as you mentioned although in the original the cloud is quite prominant and fills the top third. I do like it both ways.

My Painted Porch said...

Gorgeous photo! Pristine reflection...stunning!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shot. Makes me think of the week off work I'll soon be spending hidden away at a cottage with family and friends.

Post a Comment