Things that make me go Hmmmmm?

Thursday, January 7, 2010




I have always been a big believer in fate and that there is a reason why we exist in this world. I’m often musing about what my own purpose could be and the reasoning about that purpose in respect to the things I do, places I go and people I meet. One curiosity I have is.. why all of a sudden have I met so many people named Harry?!! In all my years in this world I’ve only met one person named Harry. One. Now all of a sudden my direct neighbour is named Harry, my best photography buddy/ good friend’s son is Harry, my photography teacher at Algonquin in September was named Harry and now my new photography teacher is also named Harry. Is that JUST a coincidence? Which makes me ALSO wonder “why do I analyse things so much”? Freeman Patterson, my photography mentor and fellow New Brunswicker, wrote in his book “Photography and the Art of Seeing” that the ability to see things and make connections, is to be genuine in sight. Yeah me, maybe I just have good sight? A small digression, but back to Harry. I’ve begun my classes and at first report, it’s excellent! Our group met and we had a super informative night. I’m so looking forward to the full day workshop!
....and just because, I wanted to share a night picture I took of downtown Ottawa. Every Christmas the National Capital Commission lights up Parliament Hill and the downtown core with thousands of lights. Steve and I took Jordan and her friend to see it before Christmas and I drove past it again last night. So pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an incredible shot: great composition and great lighting. The jpeg artifacts are a tad strong in the sky. Some techniques can reduce those artifacts.

Anyway, brilliant shot. I've never seen such a lovely shot.

Hagen
2hphotography.ca

Post a Comment