Busy. Busy. Busy.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whoever thought January was a slow time of year, should follow me around for a few days. It’s been a crazy busy time for me, especially the last week, hence the lack of new blogs to read. However, it’s been so much fun getting to do all the things I’ve done, so bring it on!


First, and foremost, the studio is almost done! How great is that! I’m just selecting paint colors, doors and lights and I should have a working space by the end of the month, thanks to the truly amazing work by ServiceMaster Restore in Ottawa. The work they’ve done and the experience we’ve had has been nothing short of fabulous and I ‘VERY’ strongly recommend them if you are thinking about doing any renovation job. I’ll post some pictures of my new space soon!

Secondly, my photography classes with Harry Nowell. I’ve had some great ‘in class’ sessions and a full day workshop at the National Gallery learning creative techniques, color, and composition that just left me giddy for more. He’s SUCH a patient man and he ensures that the assignments are understood, with several recursions of technique. Add to that, a fun night out with a group of established photographers sharing successes (and some failures) which was invaluable to me, despite the fact the heat went out in the venue and we were all huddling together to keep warm. What a great excuse to strike up a conversation. I don’t think I could have planned it better.


Then there was my day out with my photography buddy/girl/friend Lou! Again, I made a few contacts with some Ottawa photographers who have been very forthcoming with helpful information trying to assist those of us ‘on the rise’. I had a great chat with Kathi Robertson, a Montreal photographer who I’ve known from Jordan’s young modelling days and has recently relocated to Ottawa. I’ve touched base with her about possibly shadowing her for a session or two, very happy to schlep her bags around and move lights just to gain more insight into the business, so we’ll see where that goes.

I hope...I hope...fingers crossed.

Back to assignments for this week. I also have my office job that I have to attend to or Steve might upgrade my pink slip to 'fuschia'.

I’ll post a few pics. I hope you like them


.

2 comments:

Betty-Anne's Paintings said...

I'm so excited for you Sandy!!

Harry Nowell said...

Well done Sandy!
Thanks for the kind comments.

Your work is progressing well as you keep shooting - I am excited to hear more about your studio!

H

Post a Comment