Looking for a sign.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009


"Hmmmm" I say. Today is the last photography class for this semester & my final assignment is due. We have to present our portfolio, showcasing our work over the last 4 months, and... we're having the first BIG snow storm of the season. What dad would have refer to as a "doozy". "Hmmmm" I say again. Is this a test? Is it a challenge from Mother Nature asking me "How badly do you want to get to where you want to be"? followed by "Is what I have to show any good"? and "Can I make this happen for me"?
Somedays logic has no place in a dream. It's a a roadblock to success. It stopped me from pursuing my singing career with the Eagles, from marrying Adam West and becoming Mrs. Batman and even getting my childhood dream job at Mr. Hooper's store. OK, OK, my point being, I believe you can't sit back and wait for your dreams to come true. If you truly want something, you have to make it happen despite the storms that face you. One day I was out snapping away when I said to myself "Is this stuff any good? I just wish I knew." At that very moment, I looked down at the ground and saw these painted words starring back at me. Some days we find our inspiration in the most unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment