Wednesday, December 16, 2009




I sat in the Westboro coffee shop sipping latte and listening very intently to my new friend Harry, a professional photographer living in eastern Quebec , talking about his photography business and trying to absorb as much information as I could about developing my photographic skills and my new business. I realized very quickly that I could probably sit there with an intravenous coffee drip for the next four hours to stop my mind from collapsing into a fog! We barely cracked the surface of what there is to learn. As we’re chatting I’m telling him about my mild dislike of a certain Adobe product which shall remain nameless and how I’ve been struggling with said product. He reassured me that even with his years of experience he still doesn’t use all aspects of the software. It was I think a very nice way of saying “give yourself a break”. Well I’m happy to say that in the last few days, I believe I’ve turned a corner and have started to do some editing that I don’t dislike too much. How’s that for being positive?!

3 comments:

Harry Nowell said...

Nice work Sandra.
Yes, that was intended as a "Give yourself a break!"

Many of our ProProgram students are TOO hard on themselves. It's good to be self critical but be realistic, too!!!

Steady as she goes!!

Harry

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! I love the simple and clean composition.

As for what Harry says, I completely agree. I tell Lou to "look at your photos with someone else's eyes.

Cheers,
Hagen

PS Welcome to "Harry's Kids"

Lou said...

Sandra - Go Girl!!!

Post a Comment