The Look.

Sunday, October 3, 2010



Over the last year of my schooling I've met such a fabulous bunch of people who share a common interest in creating images that inspire, excite and move their audience.  We all have different points of inspiration that become more or less a genre that you become recognized for and I noticed that I was being referred to by my colleagues specifically as a 'landscape photographer'. Although I was happy people liked the images I was creating and I do feel a real connection with landscape I wasn't sure I thought of myself as specifically a landscape photographer.  Because of that,  I've been working to expand my portfolio to include several different genres. I am drawn to certain looks of portrait photography but I'm still  learning and changing at this point.  This morning I was looking through my albums and found this picture I took about 6 months ago of my son. He is in 4th year university and always seems to have this look to him that is pretty accurate to his life, like he's been hitting the books late into the night, serious, pensive, analytical.  It's that look he has that makes me say " WHAT???" and this is what it looks like... exactly! But it's not everything he is, or will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photograph. Love how his face disappears into the background.

Post a Comment