Oh Captain! Our Captain!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Interesting Fact #1 - The number of NHL players to play 1000 games.  251.
Interesting Fact #2 - The number of NHL players to play 1000 with the same team.  44.
Interesting Fact #3 - The number of NHL players to play 1000 games with the Ottawa Senators. 1.

He's our distinguished hockey captain Daniel Alfredsson. Alfie is an incredibly determined player who has donned the Senators jersey since 1995 and has made himself known and loved in the Ottawa community both on the ice but also with the very generous commitment of his time off the ice. Steve and I decided that we wanted to be there as he was honored for this huge milestone in his career and got tickets to the game.

And because I'm such a genius, I would bring my camera and get some great shots to post on my blog! Well, that was until I was accosted by a very amply proportioned security lady who told me to lose the camera or she would show me her dark side. You mean that wasn't IT? Yikes.

I missed out getting many shots, including one of Cuba Gooding Jr. who is filming a movie in Ottawa with Christian Slater and is a big hockey fan (apparently) and was at the game.

That's OK. I was there for Alfie.








Interesting Fact #4 - Some cameras are apparently NOT allowed at Scotiabank Place.
Interesting Fact #5 - Number of times I've feared for my life? At least 1.....now.

No comments:

Post a Comment