Changing plans.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Photographing anything while walking on crutches changes the whole experience. It's possible, but the process took so long I pretty much abandoned any plans I had because I found it was just too ackward to get around carrying my equipment. I re-focused my time working at my computer developing business ideas, my website and workflow management.

Although I was getting flustered, I thought it might be interesting to see if there were any websites out there of photographers working with different types of disabilities. After hobbling around for a week on one foot I imagined what it would be like to have to do that all the time or to operate a camera without an arm as an example and how that might change a persons perspective and attitude. It would also be interesting to see what kind of pictures I would find, if any. Surprising or not, there is an actual website called Photographers with Disabilities http://www.photographerswithdisabilities.com/ and Rolling F Stop.. rollingfstop.blogspot.com/  which talks about adaptive equipment and how hard it is to find. You have to really appreciate what people are able to accomplish when they have  to deal with adversity in any degree.  

I also had to look into other things I could photograph. I decided to work on portraits and this is one of my favorites from the week.

 Update: This blog is appropriately named! I had to change my plans because I'm having trouble with Lightroom...so I'll post a pic I took a month ago! Thems the breaks.

1 comment:

Harry Nowell said...

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!

Hope you are ok!

Post a Comment