4am and Staring at the Ceiling.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's 4am. The house is black with the exception of the small yellow reflection on the ceiling from the bedside clock and a crack of moonlight peeking through the drapes. The sounds are typical. An ever so gentle snore.. no... breath beside me, the wind outside howling at the windows as if looking for a crack to get inside. And the odd clicks and clanks of our home that you seldom notice in daylight.

My eyes are open wide. Hyper caffinated wide open. Ideas are floating through my head like a ghost. Really awesome ideas that will help develop my brand, my website, my photography, my business. I was rockin'. "I should write some of this down RIGHT NOW" were the words that kept repeating in my head because when morning came I would have to update my to-do list and fill an already full schedule. But that warm and cozy comforter wrapped a little closer and my mind that was racing was now desperate to get some more sleep.

It's morning now. The house has new sounds. The coffee maker and the music on. The sounds of a keyboard clicking away. And a sigh from the person struggling to piece together those early morning thoughts.

1 comment:

Hagen said...

ooo, I love the self-portrait: either sad or contemplative or maybe even just soaking up the sun in a quiet moment. I'm not sure, so it keeps me guessing as I cycle through those interpretations. very nice and simple composition: eyes first drawn to the face, then the bright hair, then my eyes follow the hair back up to the face.

Very nice and follows along in your evolving style.

Post a Comment