Romancing Landscapes

Tuesday, January 11, 2011




It's true that some of the worst weather conditions produces some of the best photography. When it's freezing cold outside there is a crispness to the landscape that I love to take photos of. Most people are heading inside and I'm bundling up my gear and heading out. It's not for everyone but if you like to explore and wander you can get pretty photos. The drawback is that you can't stay out too long - it's not good for your camera so it can be a real challenge.



I was out this past week when temperature hovered around -25 C and although I didn't see many people it was evident they had been there. I decided to forgo the tripod - a decision I sometimes regret after the fact.. but in the moment it seems right when my fingers start to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment