Happy Anniversary Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

I did it! I managed to blog my [photography] life for a whole year!

Can it actually be that long? I look back at the times I thought "Where am I going with this?" and more obvious " I'm such a dork" and those nagging "Who gives a crap?" moments. I know I'm not the only one who has them because you've told me, blogged me, emailed me, FaceBooked me and now ...heaven forbid even Twittered me. Yup I Tweet. Nothing too shocking but I've made some pretty awesome connections here in Ottawa, in the photography world and more specifically the wedding photography world.

So what have I learned in the last year by blogging? That the world is so connected. That I love taking pictures. I actually love people's reactions to the pictures I've taken. Mostly when they like them of course. That every single day I've had struggles. That every single day I've had successes. That the measure of my success is a personal thing and should not determined by anyone but me. That I love my family, my friends and everyone who has supported me and will support me in the future. I cherish you all fiercely.

If I can share some advice for photography ...and life? BE different. Be yourself. Trust your instincts. Walk away from the things that fail you and look for what lifts you up. Your passion will shine through when you are doing what you love. That said, I was going to post a picture of a cake but I just did that in my last post so I'll post a picture of my new shoes. Because they're awesome.

And I'm sure there is at least one girl out there (and maybe a few guys???) saying...Oooooooh-la-la! 

3 comments:

My Painted Porch said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! LOVE this post girl! Love to read of your self-discoveries (you never fail to crack me up) and whole-heartedly agree on measuring success. If we’ve anything more to learn, it's to celebrate each and every little success along the way as there are many that come at various stages and in many packages. So thrilled for you in all of your successes to date...you are a shining star and as always, with impeccable taste in footwear :-). xoxo

Betty-Anne's Paintings said...

Hey!! Big Congratulations!! I've loved loved Loved reading and more importantly seeing all of your photographs!! Of course some have way more meaning to me than most!! You have so much to celebrate and I'm one very proud person to be able to call you a friend! Hmmm as for the shoes....well maybe way back when :)!!!

2Hphotography said...

Congratulations! Where has the time gone? Your photography is stunning and you should be very proud and pleased.

hagen
2hphotography.ca

Post a Comment