Family Ties

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life can get pretty busy when trying to balance home life, a day job and my photography. I've heard people say it's 'just taking a picture' but it's [tremendously] more than that. It requires so many dedicated hours to hone skills with my camera, meet with clients and work with the new technology. Even the word 'hone' sounds unpleasant doesn't it?

At times when it gets so hectic, I need to step back and revisit the reasons I wanted to pursue photography as a business in the first place. Relax. Focus.

Sort. It. Out.

So...a  little family birthday party was just what I needed. So many laughs. BIG laughs! My son showing us how his shirt is busting at the seams now that he's roomies with Nonna and being spoiled with her amazing Italian cooking. My brothers and their families. My gorgeous niece. Her friends.
And taking pictures....just for fun.




  

2 comments:

Harry Nowell said...

"And taking pictures....just for fun."
YOU SAID IT!

That's important.
Love the bursting shirt photo and the story.

Alex said...

Taking pictures just for fun is so important for your growth as a photographer :) Keep it up!!

Post a Comment