Job Shadowing & the UN-glamourous.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's been a very busy week on the home front so I've not had too much photography time. I did have the opportunity however to shadow Mr. Harry Nowell www.harrynowell.com this week for a corporate photo session. Shadow sounds like such a covert word doesn't it? Like I was lurking in the background spying on people. It couldn't be further from the truth. I was busting it. It took us about 4.5 hours of set up time to get to the point where he was ready to shoot and very UN-glam. But it was such a valuable experience and my most challenging photo experience yet. I got to see Mr. Nowell in action photographing staff & executives from the CBC and I wanted to do whatever I could to help him.
To Harry... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


The rest of the week has been nose to the grindstone at home and doing a little practice shooting [basically anything] when I have time. Oh, the fabulosity* of it all.


* My made up word. Spellchecker went nuts. ( :

1 comment:

Hagen said...

I like. Remember talking about perspectives in the kitchen? you had a photo of yourself leaning into the stove. Thought about trying some different ones to go as a series?

Post a Comment