Younes Bounhar

Monday, March 8, 2010

 In the past few months since I’ve begun my blog, I have met so many talented people that share a love of photography and who have had some pretty incredible experiences of their own trying to establish themselves as professionals. I’ve gotten the chance to hear their stories. Some of them have been incredibly successful. Some of them still struggling. All of them real and passionate. I really love to hear about the travelling they've done, the experiences they’ve had, the people they've admired and had the opportunity to work along side and learn from.

For the past two weekends, I've had the extreme pleasure spending Saturdays with Younes Bounhar http://www.younesbounhar.com/  Younes is an internationally respected photographer, who despite his initial reluctance to believe he was artistic, now creates the most amazing artistic photographs.  He has an eye for capturing incredible landscapes and architecture, seeing a unique and creative perspective on a simple subject and he has traveled the world doing so.

Younes is a frequent contributor to Photo Life magazine and his photos have graced their cover, he's written several technical articles and his upcoming travels will take him from a personal journey to the Moroccan desert, to a photojournalist tour and workshop in the Arctic. Recently, he had the huge privilege of guest blogging on Art Wolfe’s website (yes! Incredible…THE Art Wolfe from Travels to the Edge!!) this month. Now that’s good company to keep in my opinion. Maybe someday!

The amount of information packed into two days was invalueable and I also have a new appreciation for architectural and landscape photographers and the punishment their bodies go through to get 'the' shot. I was so tired carrying heavy gear around all day (I actually fell asleep on my friend's couch!) but the experience was fantastic! Thank you so much Younes!  




4 comments:

lou truss said...

Sandra - these are fantasti., I love them. The lines composition, colours all work well together. Very modern and sharp!

Betty-Anne's Paintings said...

Wow Sandy! Totally awesome shots! Is that Constitution Square? All of them taken there? Such fun reading your updates! I don't know how come I didn't show up as a follower this time...I could have sworn I did that in the beginning....Oh Well...I just maybe watching you twice!!

Hagen said...

Fantastic stuff. The second image blows me away every time I see it. For the third image, try experimenting by cropping it down to the abstract painted portion, then blast the exposure. You'll need to also then readjust with black point/contrast but the shadows from the different stair levels will disappear. Anyway, give it a try. Younes has updated his blog since the course.

France said...

Thanks Sandra for sharing your experience. You've got some really great shots. Younes is also being published in French-speaking photography magazines. I have read some of his articles and the ad for this summer's workshop in the Arctic has not gone unnoticed!! I doubt Cruise North would allow me to do some shadowing for a reduced rate ;-( Wish the 2 for 1 deal they had last summer would still apply this year. I had not realized Younes lives here in the Ottawa area. I'll keep a closer look on his activities and photos.

Post a Comment