Getting there...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yesterday, I took some time to go through my vacation shots. I mulled through the lot deciding what I liked and what I loved and what I wanted to throw away. I'm very hesitant to delete much and usually revisit them a few times, looking again for new and interesting aspects in each picture. What I noticed is that despite my passion for landscapes, I took loads of family pictures and I can see the improvement I'm making when photographing people.

I resist shooting in 'auto' and prefer to use mostly natural light. Despite the challenges of sticking to that, I know I've learned much more about my camera. I also learned that great pictures don't happen everytime, but 'learning' always does. I have a better understanding what I like. I know what I aspire to. And sometimes you just have to give yourself the freedom to love a shot just because you do. It's maybe not what anyone else loves, but a personal preference. It's like hairstyles in the 80's. What were we thinking?!!!



Photography has many moments of trial and error, but it's half the fun of getting where you want to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you know Sandy I love them all. My favourite is the first one as I like the combination of colours between the back ground and the colours in the childs shirt. The last picture too works for these reasons. I'm not so fond of the effects in the second picture (but of course the pretty girl stands out well). I do prefer your pictures of landscapes and I wonder if you can highlight colours more through these kind of pictures. Ha ha - this is so funny coming from someone who can't take a picture right to save my life, lol.

Can't wait for the next photos
T

Sandra Finner said...

Thanks for the comment T. I do love the landscapes. I have some new ones coming soon.

Post a Comment