Caught in the In-Between

Friday, March 5, 2010



It isn't that I haven't got lots to blog about. I seem to be caught somewhere in the in between. I'm in between jobs. In between desks. In between floors. My day job has me on a computer on the main floor keeping all my accounting programs running and my files filling the dining room table.  My new office in the basement is somewhat of an evolving headquarters for my photography. I can't quite to seem to cut the cord on the upstairs. I'm afraid to completely move everything in fear of losing the accounting records...and that would be completely tragic. I must say, I'm beginning to feel somewhat like the Robin Williams character in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire, running back and forth between the tables, switching costumes and trying to remember what to do next. I can't tell you the number of times in a day that the ONE thing I need is on the other floor.

For example, right this minute, Jasper the cat is stretched out beside me on the floor, claiming the spot on the floor where a huge beam of sunlight hits the carpet....and my camera is where? I'm going to attempt to go get it without disturbing him...and maybe cancel my gym membership at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment