Dale Smith Gallery

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Last week, I had the chance to visit my old stomping grounds here in Ottawa. It’s a small area that borders on Rockliffe Park called New Edinburgh. I popped into a gorgeous little gallery not far from my old apartment to see an exhibit featuring Andrea Crabbe, a graduate of the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. She has such a cool, unique style as a painter and I was anxious to see her work. She also happens to be engaged to my nephew Michael so that makes her even more brilliant in my books.

Dale, the gallery owner, was lovely to chat with and she invited me to a vernissage for eight young artists/photographers from Canterbury High School here in Ottawa whose work is now being displayed. It’s really a terrific thing she is doing for these students; offering them an opportunity to acquaint themselves with all the undertakings of an “authentic exhibition experience”. If you happen to be in that area you should try to check it out! And perhaps I’ll be inviting you all to MY gallery opening in the future!

For the time being, I’m up to my eyeballs in photo management, developing my website, getting business cards and furnishing my office, managing the admin for my husband's companies and all the regular mom and house stuff... ...but it’ll happen.

1 comment:

Harry Nowell said...

Be patient.
You're doing really well.

Onwards, upwards!!!

H

Post a Comment